Afternoon Optional Activities
- Tuesdays. Assist at Selang Pangeran Jungle School English Lessons. 1pm-3pm preparation of the days English lesson plans. 3.00 – 4.30 pm help teach English to our school children. (motor bike transfer to/from 75.000 IDR each way). Pack for a purpose school supplies donation appreciated
- Monday and Wednesday 3pm-5pm. Assist at Sunshine Class at Gotong Royong with English lessons for the children (motor bike transfer to/from 60.000 IDR each way). Pack for a purpose school supplies donation appreciated
- Fridays visit traditional rubber, fruit and vegetable market(motor bike transfer to/from 60.000 IDR each way)
- Visit local Muslim Primary School in Bukit Lawang for a Pack for Purpose program (60.000 IDR pp motor bike transfer each way). School supplies donation please for one class room of 30 children
- Learn to cook Indonesian dishes with our local cook at meal times
- Optional Jungle art. Get your inspiration from the jungle, drawing landscapes, mountains, river, animals, jungle scenery. Pencils and art paper provided.
- River stone sculptures. Stacking and making pebble towers along side the river.
- Try your hand at fishing Indonesian style!
- Learn some Indonesian language with our team
- Take time out to relax, explore and swim in the Landak river
Free-time activities for the weekend
Choose from any of the optional activities below (cost extra)
- Full day activity. Walking to the Selang Pangeran Waterfall (easy 1.5-2 hour walk one way. Fitness average), option to help teach the kids English at 3pm at the volunteer English school (Monday to Wednesdays), returning at 5pm by motor bike (price $95 pp includes lunch plus donation for school appreciated) .
- ½ day, 1 day, 2 and 3 day jungle treks to Adi Back camp and Batu Gajah camp in the Gunung Leuser National Park (POA, price depends on number of people on trek).
- Rock scrambling open caving adventure at Bat Cave (3 hours. $45 pp motor bike transport $6 extra each way if required).
- Full day hike to waterfall and water holes on the Landak River with lunch ($95 – 3 hour walk each way)
- Hot springs day trip by 4wd including lunch ($120pp min 2)
- White water rafting full day trip on the Wampu River. 2 hour drive to Wampu River rafting start point in open air pick up truck (cost $195 pp min persons 2. Lunch included)
- Day trip to Batu Rongring by 4wd to hike to the 27m circumference tree including lunch ($120pp min 2)
- 3 hour motor bike tour of the villages and rice fields, visit cottage industries, rice hulling and drying, palm sugar, tofu, bamboo weaving(price $55 pp).
- Tubing on the Bohorok River ($45 pp plus motor bike transport $6 each way if required)
- Traditional massage ($20 pp).
- Traditional rice cooking in evening – prepare and cook rice in bamboo over fire ($20 per person)
- Bonfire and guitar in evening if not raining.
- Donate and plant a tree as part of the Batu Kapal Reforestation Program (donation $15 per tree with proceeds going back to the conservation program)